The Magic of Disney

Oh, this would have been such a great title for an actual post. Sadly, that is not the case. I simply wanted to wish Walt Disney a happy birthday once again. Truthfully, I owe so much to this man, for a multitude of reasons. Foremost and obviously, he is the mastermind behind a cultural phenomenon that is Walt Disney World, which includes the creation of beloved characters like Mickey Mouse and films like Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. His brand has expanded beyond imaginable lengths following his tragic death in 1966: Walt Disney Pictures (or Company, whichever is correct) has become an ultimate force in the entertainment industry. With its acquisition of bountiful companies like Pixar, The Muppets, Marvel, and, most recently, Lucasfilms, Walt Disney's legacy has solidified into an everlasting castle of imagination. (Calling the company something as callous as a "creative machine" would be insulting to the truly magical realm of entertainment.) Thanks to the latter business transaction, a seventh episode of the renowned Star Wars saga will be developed and distributed by Walt Disney Company, adding yet another astounding feat to its already impressive resume. Furthermore, the legacy of Walt Disney continues as he envisioned through the magical lands of Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. (I'm sure Disneyland in California is swell, too.) With constant improvements being made nearly every day in the magnificent World, Walt Disney's dream has become reality, and is always dedicated to him as he ignited the gears into motion. I've just returned from Disney World, as you are aware, and am currently planning my next journey to the most magical place on earth--early October, in case you wished to meet me there. (I'll be signing autographs, naturally.) Indeed, Walt Disney has most certainly provided generations of happiness and wonder with his magical insight into the whimsical and splendid of imagination. Basically, I am stating various adjectives for "delightful" to describe how I feel towards Walt Disney and his superb accomplishments. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! 

Speaking of Mary Poppins and her charming personality, there is a film in the making that portrays the tale of how the 1964 film of the same name came to be. (Same name came. Same name came. Same name came. Rhymes.) Also in the film is the "character" of Walt Disney himself. Who will be embodying the absolute ingenious genius?

Tom Hanks

Well? What do we think? Want to know what I think? Veto. Happy Birthday Walt Disney!

Oh! I nearly forgot an additional way in which I am forever in debt to Mr. Walt Elias Disney. The birthday post I composed on this day, last year, was, for the majority of the year, my most-viewed post. Thanks to Walt Disney, I received much attention for this humble little blog of mine, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Walt Disney
The Genuine Genius of Ingenuity


Comments

Popular Posts